Rethinking lost furniture.

It is so fun rethinking lost shabby pieces and giving them new life into something great and usable. Here is such a furniture story. This $3.00 garage sale desk, was missing pieces, had damage on side from dog trying to get to a cat underneath and it's finish was quite lacking. I couldn't decide if I wanted to keep it as a desk or completely change it.  As you can see I went with the latter idea. So here goes. 
Original desk. 
Letting my daughter get in on the sawing fun. 
Completed sawing and now adding trim to cover blemishes and finish it nicely. 
Here they are finished, painted up ready for one for each girl's room. They have really nice height to them and lots of storage. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
what a great idea
Deana Mattos said…
Thanks, they work great. This was on of the funniest most dramatic projects I have done.

Popular Posts